Our mission is to promote quilting and to expand and enhance our knowledge and enjoyment of quilting and quilting techniques in an atmosphere of sharing fellowship. It is also to provide a source of information and inspiration for fellow quilters and to preserve the heritage of quilting. For more information about the Guild and Membership, please select the Membership/Guild Info page listed in the left legend.
THANK YOU for visiting our website & our Facebook page. S&B Quilters’ Guild has something for everyone from the beginner to the experienced quilter. Whether your interests may be traditional, contemporary, country, art or anything in between. S&B Education touches on the basic skills of quilting to the more experienced. Come join us at our monthly meetings. Check out our website’s monthly calendar for the Sew Groups & Class schedules.
Everyone is welcome to come, share, learn, & stitch!!!
2021 RAFFLE QUILT
Enchanted Garden by Kim Schaefer. It is a wool hand appliquéd wall hanging 49X49 inches. It will come with a wood hanger custom made by Jerry Adams.
Thank you to Margaret Osborn, Cynda Clay, and these guild members – Connie Barry, Della Collins, Kathy Carlson, Kay Denison, Barbara Roberts, Cheryl Oberle, Corrine Thornberry. Also, thank you to Cynda Clay for quilting the Enchanted Garden.
To purchase tickets – contact us at our email – firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets are $1.00 each.
Read the Latest Newsletter Online
***MEETINGS, PROGRAMS & CLASSES ARE BEING PLANNED***
WHAT IS COMING UP!!!!!
-Vet/Caring Quilts meeting on Monday, June 21st is cancelled.
-Last Tuesday Sew Day, June 29th, Sew Day at the Maloney House, 10:00am
- Bring any items that you would like to share or exchange. We will have a give away table.
-No Guild meeting in August as we will be at the Fair.
–July 10th, 9:00am – Guild meeting at the Hotchkiss Fairgrounds Park, Picnic Potluck;
- Bring your own drink and table service. Program – will be sharing your Guild Challenge Creations, enjoying the picnic, and summer!!!
-Delta County Fair at Heritage Hall – Needlework – Department L
- Tuesday, August 3rd – is Entry Day from 8:00am to 7:00pm
- Wednesday, August 4th – is Judging Day from 8:45 til approximately Noon; when this is complete we can then set up and display the items
- Sunday, August 9th pick up your entries from 8:00am to Noon
- Will be sending an email with detail information from the online Fair Book. It will also be on the website. Please go to the 2021 County Fair Page. If you would like to help, please contact Kathy Carlson or Shari Davis.
- Go to the 2021 Delta County Fair page – to view and print the Needlework – Department L Section pages, Open Class Entry Form, and Fair Flyer
-Friday, September 10th – Melody Maskus Vintage Linen Class; 9:00am-4:00pm in the Ballroom
- Class fee is $25 plus $5 for room fee – total of $30.
- Bring your lunch and sewing supplies. Class fee will be collected at the July meeting. If you are interested in this class please contact Lida Letey, 874-8425.
1st Friday, October 1st – Wool Applique’ Class in the Wheeler room, 9:00am-4:00pm. More information to come.
Friday, October 8th – All Day Sew Day – Bags in the Ballroom, 9:00am-4:00pm. More information to come.
2021 BLOCK OF THE MONTH – APPLIQUE
Block of the Month Chair is Jan Lesser.
It is your choice of method for applique and you may but do not have to mirror the image when tracing. Also you may do them with the crayon method instead. Unlock your inner creativity when sewing these blocks. These are really darling blocks and great for a baby or child’s quilt or just for fun quilt for you. REMEMBER TO PRINT ACTUAL SIZE when printing from Adobe.
Unfinished block size is 12 1/2 inches; finished block size is 12 inches; there are 12 blocks
There will be a new block for each month. You will receive an email each month with 2 months of blocks. You may contact Jan(874-9878) for any questions. Thank you Jan
***2021 SEW DAYS ***
Starting in May, the Last Tuesday, Hot Sewers’ Group, will continue to meet at the Maloney House on the Delta County Fairgrounds in Hotchkiss. Start time is 10:00am. We will meet here through December 2021. Please bring your drinks, snacks, and lunch along with your stitching projects. All are welcome.